Originally Posted By: sn00p
Wonder if there's any vids of your scope working? With the "slow" options off, what's the response like?

Oh, it is very acceptably quick when running as an ordinary scope, with the measurements and math (FFT) turned off. And even with measurements on, it's not bad. But turn on the math, and it gets slow, and with both on, it gets very slow.

I may put up a short video of it -- I think my tiny digicam can do that, though I don't know what format it makes.

I'm thinking of creating a somewhat detailed review page for this scope, since there's nothing else out there on it yet.

And I've decided to keep it. I do need a scope that's fast enough for digital work. Even with all of the current flaws, there's nothing else out there, at double the price, that can do 200Mhz better than this one.

Right now, it's a great regular oscilloscope, with the crucial added capability of freezing the display (and saving/printing it). As a storage scope it has issues: scrolling / zooming within the frozen display works some of the time, not others. The Wittigs have this to say about the scroll/zoom quirkiness:

We have been informed already that these have to be repaired in the next version ... I have forwarded this mail to the developers. Will inform you when the firmware release become available soon.

So it might get fixed, or at least made more usable. Either of which I would consider a bonus. But even as-is, it's a pretty good scope for the cash.

Cheers!

Edited by mlord (28/03/2008 12:10)