ARGGH!

My Empeg just died after I got into work today (don't tell them I'm here on the BBS right now, okay? Thanks! ). I just sent an email to [email protected] and am anxiously awaiting a response. Here's the email I sent:
-------
Hello,

I own Empeg player serial #080000350. My player was working fine on the drive into work this morning, but when I hooked it up at my computer at work, it didn't do anything, except vibrate a little bit from the hard drives. There was no light blinking on the front and nothing appeared on the display face. I unplugged it a few times and eventually I got a very "shaky" display of the empeg logo and bootup screen, as if I was looking at it during an earthquake. I thought I smelled a burning odor coming from the unit, but that may be a normal "heat" smell and I never put my nose close enough to notice. Please let me know what I need to do in order to get this player serviced as soon as possible. As long as it's in for service, I'd like to get the handle replaced with a more recent one (I've got one of the original, chipped handles) and, if possible, an AR coated screen. I'm deeply concerned about losing all my music that's already loaded on the player. If there's a chance this is a hard drive problem and I'm going to lose my music, please let me know before I send it in for repair, so I can get with some of the Linux experts and figure out how to make a backup of my music and playlists.
-----
I'll let you know how things progress. Anyone have any tips on the possibility of saving my music and it's playlists? The music I have on CDR and on HD, so that's not as serious an issue, but it would be nice if I didn't have to swap out CD's again, hehe. The playlists are the vital piece!

Thanks!

George