Hi Everyone,

First and foremost I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Adrian, Computer Science PhD student from New Zealand. One of my friends has had an Empeg mk2 or mk2a for ages, always used to brag about having Linux on his head unit, I've always been fascinated, and I was able to get a Empeg mk1 from ebay for a song.

Anyways, it arrived today, already got some big plans for it (swapping out the 6gb drive for a 120gb is the first port of call), however i noticed that it's missing the handle. I'm assuming the previous owner broke it or something. I was wondering if anyone knows whether there's anywhere I could pick up a replacement handle. I've emailled empegrepair.com, but judging from the important notice on the front page it sounds like I might be out of luck there. At the moment I've just looped some wire around like a bucket handle, but I'd like something a little nicer in the long run.

Also if anyone has any recommendations for things to do with a empeg mk1, I'd love to hear them. I've had to order a null modem cable so I can do firmware updates, after that I wanna see exactly what I can do with this great wee player.

Cheers.