I'm not really feeling the new iPod Touch except for use as a development platform. frown I really thought it would bundle GPS. That would have been quite killer, but I can understand the desire for Apple to have a larger gap between the iPhone and iPod Touch.

I can't recall how Apple positioned iTunes 7 when it launched 2 years ago, but I definitely recall that the reason I liked it (and started using it) was due to all the small changes that weren't actively marketed, such as the ability to readily group tracks into Albums when viewing.

Versions of iTunes prior to 7 were pretty much a complete nightmare for managing a large music collection. I'd dare to say practically useless in fact.

I'm hoping that there are similar subtle changes to iTunes 8 in addition to the big-story stuff that everyone saw in the presentation. I can get "Genius" recommendations from Last.FM already. smile

I haven't finished downloading 8 yet, but I'm getting a little worried they may have removed some functionality going by the couple of screenshots I've seen....

Oh, and while I didn't watch the press event or even read about it live, Jack Johnson is awesome. I'd have a very hard time believing he's #1 on any iTunes lists though as I was under the impression he was relatively unknown (not much of a following in the US as I recall)

EDIT: Damn, I got Rick-rolled by Apple. The iTunes 8 download link netted me a copy of iTunes 7.7.1. Argh, 55MB for nothing.

Edited by hybrid8 (09/09/2008 19:11)