Originally Posted By: mlord
I am building a MythPVR based on a PVR500 (dual NTSC) card and one HDHomeRun HD (dual ATSC) networked tuner. Cool device, that second one. Mine is somewhere in the postal system right now.

Well, here we are two years later. The PVR500 got resold (crappy Samsung tuners) and replaced by two PVR-250s (working very well).

The HDHomeRun arrived promptly and has given supurb service for nearly two years. But just after SWMBO and I left for Italy (late September), it died. We ordered a new one from the same retailer the day we got back home.

That was now 3+ weeks ago. The retailer, 9thtee.com, took full payment on the order date, but has not shipped the product, and does not respond to any enquiries.

Googling about them reveals that I'm not alone in that regard -- over the past six months they've gone from being a reliable retailer to a deadbeat fraud for many folks. I'm certainly not the first one to have to initiate a Paypal claim action against them to try and get my funds back.

So.. avoid them. They (well, "he" -- it's a one-guy outfit) were once the only place to purchase an HDHomeRun, but now there are lots of alternative resellers.

Cheers