about two months ago I also started with the voip conversion. I'm sick of my household spending over $400/month in monthly phone bills for 3 people. it's amazing what a couple bucks can purchase on the internet. I can actually purchase something for a millionth of a cent now through flowroute.com

I currently have an Snom M3 that I wouldn't recommend to anyone. The buttons are completely flat, tiny and have absolutely no spacing between them or any tactile feedback. You pretty much need to use a stylus to use the keypad without pressing the surrounding 3 keys at once. Also about every 1-50 calls the handset will completely lockup and reboot when I try to answer the call (causing it to drop the call). However, it is a DECT base but I'm pretty sure it won't talk to anything besides Snom headsets. unless you're planning a new port of hijack smile

I'd also think about setting up something like freeswitch.org to handle the routing of your calls, I wouldn't rely on just the PAP2 for all your telephony needs.