Originally Posted By: andym
and when the engineer was looking for a spare pair on our trunk to put it on he inadvertently pulled a KiloStream to a branch office out because he couldn't hear a dial tone on the line

Yep, that is exactly what I am talking about. Openreach's (BT) continued under investment in it's staff training and lack of discipline within the engineering community will only make this worse over time. The worst part of it is that it really doesn't matter which SP you go with as they all have to use the Openreach Network for delivery.

There is another side to this in the UK. If it truly is a "dry" line, ie missing even the 50v DC wetting then on the network in the UK that isn't going to last too long fault free.

I think my point really only applies to the UK, as our network is so old and over stretched, along with very unhappy engineers, short cuts are always taken to deliver new service.

I can say all of this of course now I'm not part of that problem anymore. I would point out that I was never a "pair pincher" smile

Cheers

Cris.