I meant to mention that I knew about MMC's snap-ins' abilities to attach to remote computers. They almost never seem to have a feature to let me do what I want, though.

Remote Desktop is not very useful for much of anything as far as a client computer is concerned, as far as I can figure. If a person is in a situation where they need my help, chances are that it's going to be hard to get them to do the remote collaboration thing properly.

Things I want to do.... I don't know; everything? I hate the fact that MS (at least used to) promote how easy Windows machines are to administer, yet you have to go way out of your way to do anything remotely. Yet with Unix, which is supposed to be so difficult, I can do virtually anything remotely. As such, that questions is so absurd to me that I don't know how to answer it. I don't know what I'll want to be able to do until it hits me.

That's why things like psexec and WPKG are nice. They ought to allow me to do remote installations of other utilities that I might need in order to do one of these unforeseen administrative functions.