Greetings all

Finally I have taken the time to install the display extender I got from Stu in august '08.

The hard part was to figure out where to put the display unit. My car has a factory installed 2 DIN touch screen and I did not want to throw that out.

I got rid of the overhead sunglass compartment instead. The display is now held in place by a milky coloured plastic plate that fits over the hole where the sunglass 'drawer' was. It's been glued with hot glue that makes it easy to dismantel if I sell the car.

The flat cable connecting the display to the head unit runs over the ceiling. It took some time to get the cable from the side and over to the center without messing with the side airbags.

The power comes from the power outlet in the cargo compartment. I have to get a noise reduction component, because I get noise from the empegs drives and from the engine.

I use the sled, but not the cables. I only needed power, ethernet and line out to the AUX on the car stereo. I guess the noise might come from bad earth wiring. Need to look into that.

I don't need to pull the empeg out to upload music to it. I connect it to a Linksys WAP54G Access Point. It a kind of a bridge I get acces to via my wireless network. It's not installed i nthe car - so I have to plug in the cables and turn it on every time I upload music. If I can find room for it I'll install it this summer.

Unfortunately I did not have my camera in hand when I did the install. Here are some from the (almost) complete install.

Don't mind the crack in the windscreen wink

It almost looks like a factory install. The buttons are a tad far into the display unit due to the plastic plate I have in between the circuit board and the fascia. I have to use the fingertip to press them in.

I mounted the sled on a piece of wood and fittet that over a large hole in the wheel arc wall.

This is where the ethernet cable and the power switch comes out.

The flat data cable runs across the ceiling.

I think it look very nice! I am a bit worried that the display is to heavy for the clips holding the console. Time will show...

This is the sunglass drawer with the bits I need to refit.

The wireless access point.

'enni mizpellings ar dju tu kompjutr error'

www.kyrre.no

Norway, Hijack'ed 120GB upgrade, MKII, tuner, green, red, blue, yellow, illuminated. Looking good!