Originally Posted By: Dignan
I suppose it's possible the power supply is to blame, but it doesn't seem like a coincidence with the memory. With 1-of-3 sticks in, I can't do anything at all to crash my computer. I can play 5 flash videos at once, game at 2560x1600 and graphics settings at max, and anything else. I can leave the system running for a week straight (or however long I like). But with all three sticks in, the first flash video I play crashes the computer, without fail.

I've swapped those other two sticks in and out a half dozen times now, and the results are consistent. 2GB - fine. 6GB - crash. I just can't figure out why. I'm willing to take a look at other components, but I don't have any replacements for any of them...

Are you rotating the memory to see if it will crash when a particular stick is in the machine? If it doesn't crash with any combination of 2GB in, I'm also thinking power issues. More sticks of memory = more power. I'm not sure of the specs on your ram, but the modules in my Mac Pro pull 7W of power each. With 2GB, your power supply may have enough headroom to power the needs of the CPU under load, but the 6GB of memory put it over the top.