Okay, so at this moment I have 6GB of RAM in my system. I have watched about 10 minutes of Youtube, around 15 minutes of old music videos on MTV, and about 10 minutes of whatever "hi-res" content I could find on Hulu. I alternated between standard and full-screen on all of these sites. So far, no freezing.

However, unfortunately it's hard to tell what might have done this. Between the last time I had 6GB installed and this time, the following two things happened:

- like I said, I updated the BIOS, which set the memory speed to 1066
- when I launched Firefox, it started updating, and then informed me I needed a newer version of flash (the wording was extremely insistent!) so I installed it

As you suggested Mark, I'll try to lock up the computer by doing other things, but so far nothing has done it. I launched a total of 15 separate VLC windows all playing back SD or HD video, and spread them across my screen. Not even a hiccup, and my CPU usage didn't go above 50%.

I think it's too early to call this finished, but I'm hopefull (which means before I finish typing this long post, my computer will crash...no?...okay).

...now?...

smile