In case I haven't mentioned it here already, I've started my own small business (very small - just myself). I'm basically doing residential and small business tech support, and I've been really enjoying it, although the main problem is getting enough business to keep it going.

I've been doing this for over a year now, and though I'd hoped things would pick up, they haven't. I wanted to see if you guys had any good ideas for how I might get business in my area.

So far, all forms of advertising that I've tried have been complete failures. I've tried various solutions from Craigslist, to signs on my car, to three months in the local paper, as well as other things. In total I've gotten one client from Craigslist (after a year of advertising). That's it from all my traditional advertising.

By far, my #1 method of obtaining new clients has been word of mouth. That's where I've gotten 99% of my business, so I make sure to keep my clients pleased and load them up with business cards. The other 1% has come from things posted in local business establishments like coffee shops and ice cream places. I made up some flyers with a little business card holder that still only got me about 5 clients.

Any ideas, everyone? I really appreciate any help you can offer on this one. My wife and I would really like to have my business pick up smile

ps- in a related issue, does anyone know a good web design company? My company site is only okay. I'd prefer something a little more...engaging...to my usual client. Preferably, I'd like to keep my Wordpress installation, so a service that does Wordpress themes would be good.