I've played with a Droid and it's quite nice. I like it better than the iPhone, not that I have a huge amount of experience with either. ("All the Droid phones"? How many do you know of?)

The fact that the screen has well over twice the resolution of an iPhone is really significant. It's really an incredible display. The hardware keyboard is mediocre, but I find its soft keyboard easier to type with than the iPhone's. As such, I'd prefer a thinner device without the hard keyboard, like the Nexus One.

The Nexus One's screen has the same specs as the Droid's. Its CPU is all but twice as fast. A 1GHz Snapdragon ARM? I've got computers I still use that are slower than that. And the Droid isn't poky by any means.

The trackball is a horrid idea, though. You're right about that. My PoS Blackberry has a trackball and it's awful. It gets jammed up with dust to the point of failure all the time, and it gets progressively harder to get it to register a click. Horrible physical UI. There is an advantage to having a relative motion UI, though, as the high-res screen can make it a little harder to click on small elements, which are usually web page links. A secondary capacitive touch sensor probably makes the most sense. Or multitouch gestures, maybe.

I was really hoping for the hinted-at cheap data-only service plan, which didn't materialize. I use my phone about five times a month. I use the data capabilities constantly. I don't want to pay $50 a month for a service that I basically don't use, just to get the ability to pay $20 a month for the service I do. I'd happily pay $20 a month for unlimited data service on top of a PAYGo plan.

I still don't care about your PR criticism, though, any more than I care about PR. Which is none.