This thread is clearly off topic now. smile

The other issue I have with some UK programming is the scattered or irregular production schedules. You don't necessarily get the new series of a show coming back around at the same time its previous series did. Nor do you necessarily get the new series within a year. This may have something to do with broadcast schedules as well if not solely attributable to production.

This doesn't knock the quality, but it's a PITA for impatient sods like myself looking for a fix. smile

I have a wonderful counter example of quantity and quality. Not the best, but just something recent. The Tudors, which is a co-production, featured only 8 episodes this past series/season. That's the smallest one of the past three, and IMO, the overall weakest. Yes, you can argue that the historical elements fueling the story lines weren't as captivating as those previous, but that's not wholly responsible. It's really just felt like the show has lost a lot of steam. The recent series/season did end rather abruptly as well, completely surprising me that there wasn't to be at least another one or to episodes coming.