Originally Posted By: canuckinOR
It wasn't the moon that stuck out for me, this time (although there are some jaggies around the top edge), so much as the weird scribble edits in seemingly random locations, that make it look like Doug was practicing with the clone brush. smile

Damn! You guys are a tough crowd! smile But I love it. I'm learning a lot here.

As God is my witness, with my monitor and my viewing software, I really cannot see the edits after I've done them. Probably its just that I am a total klutz with my primitive editing tools, but darn it, I really thought I was doing pretty well with them. frown

The edits aren't random... they are my clumsy attempt to ameliorate some very distracting and very bright lights in the foreground. This was a 40-second exposure at f8, and the street lights and that damned OXXO sign are practically blinding. I betcha you can't see where I had to get rid of about 20 stars that had turned into streaks in the sky because of the long exposure. smile

You're right, I tried (clearly ineffectually) to use a clone tool to cover those lights. Some of them were not well done, but I thought others were OK. I worked over six different places, do they all stick out? How can I do this better?

tanstaafl.