I'll be interested in the results here, as I'm always looking for a replacement wallet. I don't even know how old mine is now (at least 6 years, as much as 10), and I do like it, but I'm always looking for something that does the best job at this.

I'm the type that keeps as light and thin a wallet as humanly possible. I have three debit cards because I don't have a choice, but other than that I have ID, insurance cards, whatever cash I'm carrying, and a $5 bill signed by Mark Arm from Mudhoney (for good luck, of course).

I have a bi-fold, but it's sort of a cross between a bi-fold and a tri-fold. It's hard to explain, but it looks like this (except a lot nicer and leather and the cards on the right slide out toward the middle of the wallet). Oddly, it appears to be extremely difficult to find this style of wallet online. I like it because it's deceptively good at maximizing carrying capacity while staying nice and thin. If I take everything out of it, the whole wallet is 5/16 of an inch thick.

So I suppose one of my questions would be how much stuff you usually carry. I'm on the light side, and I regularly see gentlemen with 2" thick wallets, which I think is crazy.