You took the words right out of my mouth, Edwin. Thanks.

I often rename files to ".mp3" so that I can use the empeg to taxi them home and retrieve them with displayserver. You get more storage space than you would with an iomega drive. Not quite as convenient, but it's certainly cooler to use your car stereo as a file taxi.

A couple of tips:

- Remember that Displayserver only works on Ethernet, so you can't retrieve the file via USB. There is another program floating around on this BBS called "EmpegTaxi" that uses USB, but we're talking about Displayserver here. Since you're using Emplode to send the file to the empeg, you can use USB or ethernet for that. But for getting the file off the empeg with Displayserver, you need ethernet. Keep that in mind as you're planning the taxi operation.

- I always stick my taxi files in the "Unattached Items" folder, to keep them separate from the rest of the files.

- The empeg might try to play those files if they come up in the shuffle, even if you put them in "Unattached Items". If this happens, it won't hurt anything, it will just say that the MP3 file is invalid. Just skip to the next track and unpause it.

- To reduce the chances that the empeg will try to play the file, and to make transfers easier, I always zip my stuff into one large zip file and send that to the empeg.

- If you do the steps carefully, you can even rename the file extension as-you-go. When creating the zip file, name it ".zip.mp3" when prompted for the file name. When retrieving it from displayserver, right-click on it and hit "Save target as..." and remove the .mp3 extension before hitting Save.

- Don't forget to use emplode to delete the zip file from the empeg when you're done.

Now... who was working on EmpegTaxi? Is there a more user-friendly version of it yet?