I covered up the ugly speaker bar on my TV with the surround I mentioned (which is part of the decor I showed in a thread long ago).

I'll only have four source components in my media cabinet under the TV. Boxee, SageTV Theater, Squeezebox and Wii. Those all connect to a DVDO Edge video scaler/switcher with audio going to my Pre-Pro.

My 7.1 power amp is in the basement (it weighs 95lbs) along with my PVR server and NAS serving media.

Audio connects from the pre-pro upstairs to the power-amp downstairs via 6 XLR (balanced) cables through the back wall. Speaker cable comes back upstairs through the walls.

The PVR server and NAS feed media to the source components over ethernet.

I don't have any disc-based sources nor any cable/satellite-specific set-top boxes.

The components are rather separate, however the three video-based devices have a lot of functional/app integration and some duplication. Their UI's have enough strengths and weaknesses however that I effectively use them as separates, the SageTV for live and recorded TV and the Boxee for movies and archived TV shows (by season). With the Wii (once hooked back up) relegated to only playing games.

The only thing that has me lusting after another TV is the wider screen format announced by Vizio. All the other software-based TV add-ons are a total snoozefest. As is 3D of any kind.