Please find attached file.

Awesome. The new one is working great for me so far. I will update my publicly available picker file today.

Thanks!!!

Actually it would be better if it restored the original flags, but I can't be bothered right now.

I don't know the nitty gritty details of how it works, but your current coding method doesn't seem to have any ill effects on my system. Can anyone foresee a situation where failing to restore the flags would be a problem?

I guess we could put a hack into empeg_mixer.c so that it always mutes the device before changing the EQ. But that wouldn't sound nice if you adjust the EQ while music is playing.

The only time people reported a pop is when switching from 2-channel to 4-channel. I think you're referring to a global mute every time an EQ is changed. You're right, that would be annoying.

Empeg guys: Have you been paying attention? What about muting the the mixer only when switching between 2/4 channel? A brief mute is better than a pop. I don't think you'd get any support calls on it, because it would sound like "it's supposed to do that" when it happens. At least that's the way I'd interpret it if I got a brief mute in that situation.