From the HP thread:
Quote:
Best Buy has pricing for Xoom tablet pre-orders on their site. $1200 for the 32GB model.

That HAS to be a mistake. There's no question it's a mistake at some level, whether it's a typo or just the dumbest pricing I've seen in years.

Look, technically the Xoom is a little better than the iPad, at least on specs. But they can't possibly thing it's $470 better! I have to think that's going to change. They will sell a couple hundred devices at that price.

I still don't think that Motorola realizes that they don't have a choice when it comes to pricing. The iPad is in such a dominant position that they've set the market price and anything higher is going to have to be significantly better to justify it. And the Xoom might have better internals, but it's also coming out almost a year after the iPad so we would expect it to, and the iPad 2 might beat it just a month or two later.

I really hate you right now, Motorola.

I eagerly await the pricing on the G-Slate. T-Mobile is actually pricing their tablets pretty well, even if they're still no match for the iPad and they're only contract prices...

Edited by Dignan (13/02/2011 13:22)