Well, the great thing about playing online is that phases tend to run 12 hours, so as long as you can put in a little time in over the course of a day, you can play at your own convenience. This is one reason I think having mobile versions will be great. Unfortunately, the client is blocked where I work (as are many internet sites, including this one at times) so until we get the mobile version up and running, most of the action doesn't ramp up until about 6:00 eastern (our current test pool comes largely from my office). I can use my hotspot access on my phone to post a little, but since my boss is a tester I have to be careful with that! Additionally, since you can tell your own role at a glance, it's not a great idea to have the client open at a place where other players can walk up behind you.

Regarding variants, we are revealing roles when players die and the role of 'wolfsbane' or 'angel' (the titles used in the werewolf theme) is probably the next one I'll add. I've never played with that role, but it seems to be a popular variant.