A demo is a great idea- I'll have to think about how I'd put that together. I've been having trouble with testers understanding the game play who haven't been exposed to it before (resulting in adding tips in game which has definitely helped).

The basic interface is a chat client, except that whenever you log in you'll see any chat that you missed. So the villagers (and wolfs as villagers) all contribute during the day phase to try and root out who the wolves are. In the beginning it becomes a delicate balance because the true villagers have no problem talking about the game and all of the other players because they won't have to tell any lies. The wolves are more reticent to talk about the game, because the more they do, the more what they say has to make sense when the talk later in the game. The best course of action for a wolf is to say little of substance, but of course that in and of itself is very suspect. Eventually players start voting for other players, usually on VERY thin evidence. But all the little hints add up and with wolves not wanting to vote for other wolves patterns can emerge if the wolves aren't careful.

Once someone (usually a villager) is lynched on day 1, the wolves can chat just among themselves and then agree who to kill during the night phase. Now on Day 2 the villagers have a LOT more info to go on. They will try to decide what reasoning the wolves used to select their victim, and they look at the voting records and chat to see if certain people were sticking up for other people.

Of course running through all of this is the Seer who is slowly gaining absolute knowledge of other players, but cannot reveal himself without being killed by the wolves. So he may catch a player in a lie (which usually means a wolf because as a general rule, the villagers have no reason to lie) but be unable to communicate it effectively. Seers often have to leave clues to what they know that are understandable upon reflection (he was killed in the night and now we know he was a seer), but aren't immediately obvious at the time. Alternatively a Seer will out himself and expect to be killed that night, but believing the knowledge is important enough to sacrifice himself.