Basically, every HP support tech I've spoken with in the last three months has been in India. I have political issues with that, but I'm willing to ignore it as a computer professional. However, they are universally horrible at speaking English, and whether due to their lack of English comprehension, lack of training, or just general idiocy, I usually have to explain any sort of problem over and over again. Also, one engineer I spoke with was so unintelligible that I had to force him to communicate via email, and he would regularly decide to stop and call anyway.

I don't have anything against Indian people, but these were employees clearly unfit to provide service to English-speaking customers. I suspect they may be unfit to provide technical support to anyone, regardless of their language, but I can't prove that.

Dell enterprise support largely has well-trained, US-based (and, therefore, generally with good English communication skills) techs. They clearly understand their technology well, and are personable. Again, other than politics, I don't have any requirement to deal with Americans; I've dealt with Australians working for Cisco tech support, and that was pretty good. The issue is the language barrier. The kinds of problems I generally call for are hard to explain on their own, nevermind trying to also work through failure to understand grammatical tenses properly.

Taym, I would suspect that Italian, not being a commonly spoken language other than in Italy (and surrounding regions), your Italian-speaking techs are actually native Italian speakers, and you probably don't have this issue.

Edited by wfaulk (20/08/2011 13:52)