Originally Posted By: dbrashear
That post gets so much wrong... the corrections at the top help but are not enough.

Do you have time to point me to somewhere that can properly answer why Android always feels lagger then iOS and WP7 UI wise? I thought the corrections by the Square CTO and the response from Dianne Hackborn was decent, but I wonder why you say it's "not enough".

This isn't meant as an attack on Android. It's mostly to try and answer the "why" question in my mind, as I do know some people who have chosen iOS over Android purely based on the input differences. My suspicion has leaned towards the difference between a tightly coupled system vs a more "open" one meant to run on all kinds of various hardware, thus sometimes suffering from the lowest common denominator issue. The response from the Square CTO hinted a bit in this direction (the LCD need for both hardware and software rendering until everyone is at 3.0 or above), along with the quality of developer tools being another factor.

Originally Posted By: andy
I know what you mean, but you've picked up a very poor example. The startup phase of the Windows and classic Mac OS really weren't that different in practice.

Very true. The main point though is that it helps to know what the priorities are between different projects. Knowing this can help make much more informed decisions on what path to pick.