Originally Posted By: tonyc
I decided to pick up one of the fire sale 32GB TouchPads from Amazon (I was unlucky in my quest to find a 16GB model.)

+1

Somewhat ironic that I ordered mine via my iPad while on a weekend trip. I'm generally against jailbreaking my iOS devices since Apple also keeps adding features in updates that I want. Repeating the jailbreak dance just isn't worth it to me anymore. With the Touchpad, it will give me a stable hacking platform to tinker with, since I doubt we will see any updates.

On the Android porting front, I bet someone will get the basics working, but never make it feel correct. Much of the work to make it proper is at the driver level, especially with power management. So far, drivers are still the main reason that my Android phone (an older iPhone) just isn't usable beyond going "hey look, I have Android on an iPhone".

Tony, I'll be curious to hear your impressions, especially since you are a former Pre owner. One of the difference I think I remember between the phone and tablet is the loss of the off screen gesture area.