I don't live in the house I was using the LG machine in anymore. I probably used it for two years or so and it never gave me any issues.

I moved to a condo that has a shared laundry room in the basement. The bylaws also specifically prohibit (in bold type) personal washers and dryers installed inside your unit. I spoke to a board member about the reasoning behind this, and his response was something about owners/renters not having adequate insurance should there be a leak. This makes no sense to me being that dishwashers are allowed. I lived with having to walk up and down two flights and paying $3.50 per load for about 6 months. I wasn't really bothered by those issues, but the machines are shared between 4 units. I'd say about 80% of the time, I would have to remove people's clothes from the machines. It became really annoying that people could just leave their crap down there for hours. Someone also liked to put orange peels in with their wash. I don't know what kind of custom that is, but cleaning food out of machines was also something I'd rather not deal with. I eventually decided to ignore the silly personal washing machine rule.

So, I was going to purchase another LG machine for the kitchen based on my past experience. However, they all run on 120 volts and I happened to have an open 220 volt circuit in the kitchen that was being used by an in-wall heater. Eventually I settled on the Fagor FAS3612X. Aside from being 220V, it also requires only a cold water line run instead of both hot and cold that the LG needed. The load capacity seems the same as the LG and the wash/dry time is comparable. A typical load for me will be 6 polo shirts which takes 3:31 from dirty clothes to dry clothes. When I do jeans, I usually do 2 or 3 and set them to dry for only 50 minutes which makes the total time 2:21. I've found that jeans dry better if you hang them up when they're still a bit damp. Otherwise they'll just get very creased in the machine.

Since getting the Fagor, I haven't been to the communal laundry room once. However, I'll probably go back down there to wash bed sheets. Due to the low capacity of the Fagor, I have to wash the fitted sheet separate from the top sheet which takes about 7 hours total. That's fine if you're just sitting around all day over the weekend, but I could do the whole sheet set downstairs in about an hour and a half. That's probably worth it.

Anyway, if you're a single person, this machine is more than sufficient for all your needs. If you're a couple, it's probably just about right. A family of 4 or 5 would probably have a problem.

The Fagor is pretty quiet and despite having a faster spin cycle than the LG, it doesn't seem to vibrate as much. I don't think my downstairs neighbor can tell I have laundry in my unit. One thing that's a slight downside to the Fagor is that it's clearly designed for a more international market than the LG. There are 16 different modes on the machine, but they're only represented by a number. I have to keep the manual close by as a reference to what the modes do. Practically every other option on the machine is denoted by a symbol rather than english text. So, someone looking at the machine for the first time might not understand how to operate it without the manual nearby. Aside from that, the functions and features pretty-much match the LG. The time delay feature was something I used frequently on the LG. I could set the machine to start its cycle 3 hours before I got home from work, so it would be finishing up as I came home. The LG was limited to a 19 hour delay, but the Fagor can do up to 24 hours. Not a big difference, but it's nice to have the option. Other than that, the features are the same between the two machines. I can recommend either.