Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
Originally Posted By: robricc
This makes no sense to me being that dishwashers are allowed. I lived with having to walk up and down two flights and paying $3.50 per load for about 6 months.
It makes perfect sense... to the person/committee/association collecting the money.

I've also come to this conclusion. There are 16 building here with 4-8 units each. If you average each building to 6 units, that's something like $4,000 per month in laundry fees going by your estimates.

Aside from the laundry issue, I can't say I hate my condo association. It seems like it's run mostly by uncorrupt condo owners. The fees are about $220 per month and I do see them maintaining the exterior of the buildings and grounds quite a bit. The snow removal service is also first-class. I basically don't have to do a thing. They'll plow and shovel all roads, walkways, and even right up to my garage door. I can't say I love condo associations, but this one is miles above my previous one which was obviously run by bastards skimming money off bogus pool repairs.