Originally Posted By: Dignan
This looks like what you're describing, though it's double the price you wanted smile
Not quite...

It is not a full-size mouse, and the reviews have been less than kind in that regard. It is quite difficult to come up with the real dimensions of mice. For instance, Amazon claims that the M510 (the full-size version of the M505 you linked to) is 2.2 inches long, 4.8 inches wide, and 9 inches tall.

The M510, for just a couple of dollars more, is a bit fancier than I want with the forward/back buttons, but I suppose I could stop being such a Luddite and try them. It is a better size (4.7" x 2.6" x 1.6", and it took a LOT of searching to find that out!) but... there are a lot of reviews claiming severe tracking issues with the M510.

Oh, wait! There are still a few of the old Microsoft 2.0 mouses (mice?) out there for sale. Just found one on Amazon, New In Box, independent seller, $21.44 including shipping. (Only one at that price, it's gone now because I got it, wuah-ha-ha-haaaa) That's the exact same kind of mouse I've been using, and I like it. Reassuringly, the reviews, negative and positive, all confirm my own experiences with this mouse.

So, I guess my old mantra prevails: If it's different from what I'm used to, it can't be any good. smile

tanstaafl.