Yeah, we use dB technology. They're super helpful there - even if the outdoor testing in the middle of winter can be described as "less than fun"!

Yeah, we test our equipment with a everything that could possibly be connected, erm, connected. Even though in a real world situation that would be very unlikely - the more nice pieces of floating cable you add, the more potential antennas you create.

As you point out, it takes very little time to test and certify something. If they've done the tests and are holding back, then it sounds like me that it failed.

Depending on how badly it failed and how easy it is to attenuate the problem frequencies will give them a scale from "oopsie" to "houston, we have a problem".

If they've totally fucked up, then they've just made 10,000 boards with BGA's on that their suppliers won't sell.

Seriously, in the grand scale of things it'd have cost them like a £1000 to spend a day at the test centre with a pre-production prototype and do all the necessary tests. I'd certainly be doing that before pressing the big shiny "go" button on 10,000 boards with BGA's on them.

Can I reinstate my lunacy tag?

Edited by sn00p (27/03/2012 13:30)