Originally Posted By: drakino
Are the discs grey in color, or do they have a big X (roman numeral 10) on them?
They are grey, so they won't be of any real use to me.

However... SWMBO says she has a set of 10.6 Snow Leopard disks, still sealed in their cellophane wrappers, somewhere around the house. Unfortunately, her style of storage for things like that will just about require a front end loader to start looking for them. That'll be the project for tomorrow, I guess.

The "identify your mac" site you linked to was a bit overwhelming. There must be literally hundreds of different models. I was not successful in identifying my unhappy 20" model (I think I narrowed it down to two possibilities, but am not sure; the serial number identification didn't work for me). Attached is all the information I can glean about the 20" iMac. This is a real screen shot, taken with a camera. smile None of those wimpy "Print Screen" button pushes for me! (Can you even do something like that on a Mac?)

What would you recommend that I do?

tanstaafl.

edit: The 24" iMac has 6GB of RAM

edit 2: Added picture of "Leopards". Does this help matters? Will one or the other of these disks serve to nuke and repave the 20" iMac?

Attachments
P1150592-W900.jpg

Leopards.jpg

Edited by tanstaafl. (16/12/2012 00:57)
Edit Reason: Add Leopards picture