Originally Posted By: peter
Hey, you've got the same monitor arm I have. (Which might not be a coincidence -- I probably consulted this BBS before buying it.) Are you happy with it? I've got to say I was a bit disappointed with the available vertical adjustment on mine (it wouldn't get an Apple 30in any higher than the factory stand did) and the monitor always seems to be a few degrees off horizontal, which there isn't an adjustment for. I'm thinking of upgrading to a K1D100B...

Peter

I bought this arm because it was the only one I could find that would support the weight of a 24" iMac (23+ lbs). It appears to be very well made and is quite heavy.

You are correct in that the vertical height adjustment is minimal, but in my particular installation that is a non-issue because it will lift the iMac until it hits the shelf above the work area. With the original stand the iMac wouldn't have fit; I needed the arm to lower the height of the iMac, not raise it! I can lower it until it rests on the desktop, and raise it until it hits the shelf, and still have some working room underneath it, so I can't ask for more than that.

I can set the front/back tilt and the horizontal angle to anything I want, and it stays where I put it. Were you looking for some adjustment or setting that would lock it into place? There is none.

I wouldn't be able to use the K1D100B you linked to because of the size of the through-the-desk mounting support. This is entirely because of the construction of my particular computer hutch, not any flaw in the K1D100B. I only had to drill a single 5/16" hole through about two inches of pressboard and lock it all down with a 1" by 5" steel plate underneath secured by a simple wing nut. Absolutely ideal for my particular setup. The arm is rock solid as installed.

tanstaafl.