I just got back home and I can help a bit more.

So, yes, what Mark posted is a "universal" socket that will accept all three plug types you find here in Italy: see attachment.

From left to right:
Italian LARGE plug, supporting up to 16A
Italian SMALL plug, supporting up to 10A
German plug.

Both the Italian plugs above come in two version: with ground PIN (center pin ) and without. Sockets will accept both with and without ground versions, of course.

However, often in Italy you will find sockets that are NOT as the one Mark posted, and will only accept Italian plugs. I don't have any such sockets in my home, but usually you do. So I can't take a picture to show them to you. In any case, I do recommend you get a universal plug adapter.

I am telling all this because I am *almost* sure (!) Greece has the very same standards as Italy, that is a mixture of the national standard (same as Italy) and the (nowadays) almost-universal German standard, so good chances are all the above will work just the same in Greece.

I just googled "Greece Power Sockets" and results seem to confirm this.

Edit: Ok, below an accurate power socket picture. This is what you'll find in most placed in Italy, and most likely in Greece. If you look at the power socket in the right, the one with the white frame, you'll see how it includes an Italian standard socket accepting both Italian large and small AND also a German socket. Expect that combination in most places.

Attachments
WP_000179.jpg (1614 downloads)
power plug type L Italy power plug.jpg

Edited by Taym (28/09/2013 19:45)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg