Originally Posted By: pca
Is this what you're after? They have a fairly high flow rate and will withstand mains water pressure. They're similar to a 12v version of a washing machine fill valve. Any decent home automation system should be able to drive a 12v 0.25A line, if only by a relay. I use these for various computer-controlled fluid mixing applications. They're cheap and reliable.

Very cool! And the price is definitely right. How would I wire one of these up? Is it possible to connect it to one of these for power?

Originally Posted By: larry818
Just make your life easy...

http://www.lowes.com/pd_159978-53852-27729W_4294612482__?productId=3713890&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

Yeah, I've looked at the Orbit products. That would be the somewhat easier route, but by the time I invest in the models that can control multiple zones I might as well start looking at creating my own thing. After all, I'm trying to spend hundreds on a makeshift solution in order to avoid spending thousands to put in a real sprinkler system that I have to winterize and everything.

I'll look at the solenoid valve idea. Thanks!