Originally Posted By: drakino
What about the two other examples of color I used?

That you're still asking about that shows that you still don't understand my side of this. Tom, the analogy doesn't work.

When someone writes a word in their language and sends it to another person, they have a reasonable expectation that what the other person is receiving looks like what they sent. Whether or not the person who received it is able to read that language is up to the recipient, but at least there's the understanding by both parties that they're working with the same visual.

What I'm talking about is the fact that the translation happens in the middle. You send me "airline seat" and I see "chair." There's no longer the expectation that you're at least seeing the same thing I sent you.

When I write "la bebida," you might not know Spanish, but at least I know you saw those letters in that order. You didn't see "líquido" because something in the middle changed the meaning slightly.

Yes, there are many typefaces that can be used for the letter A. The difference is that it looks the same to me as it does to you.

Edited by Dignan (04/11/2015 17:03)