Originally Posted By: Dignan
Quote:
you'll miss Lastpass, because it cannot work as it should because of Apple's limitations.

That Lastpass thing is turning out to be one of the most challenging things to leave behind. I'm not sure if iOS users understand exactly how great it works on Android. It's sublime...when it works. I had lots of times when the window simply wouldn't appear to fill the data, and I'd have to go into the app manually anyway. It NEVER worked for my banking app, for example. Didn't know why.

I haven't used Lastpass on iOS and I do know that there is much more scope for password managers to be clever/more automatic on Android, but...

I use 1Password and that does its best on iOS to make things as painless as possible. From Safari I never need to switch to the app, there is a Safari widget (or whatever they are called) that lets me fill passwords from within Safari. Works pretty much the same as on the desktop, popping up the right set of passwords for the site I'm on.

There are also some apps that have added password manager support. 1Password published a protocol for people to use on iOS for communicating with password managers and sometimes in apps you'll see a door lock symbol next to the password that will pop up 1Password's UI (showing the passwords for that app). I don't know whether Lastpass are doing that too ?

Edited by andy (27/09/2017 07:28)