I put an SSD in my 'peg and it was pretty easy. Got a KingSpec 128gb PATA IDE 44 pin off of ebay. Works great so far. Not expensive, it was $76.99 with shipping.

Then my car got crashed into, and it was time for a new one. I was making do with my smartphone for a while, but I really sorely missed some of the 'peg features. In particular, I really missed the ability to un-shuffle around the current song, or for that matter to be able to play anything at all in album sequential order instead of alphabetical song title order, which is the way my smartphone seems to always want to play things.

Then I made my own Bluetooth interface and my own custom mount and fascia in what used to be the sunglasses holder, only possible because I had previously, several years ago, got a display extender kit back when Stu was still selling them.

If you can find a spot in the Subie to mount the 'peg somewhere that you can reach the front panel, you might be a candidate for my last spare BlueGigaEmpeg interface from the current production run, if you're interested.

Mark, have you had a chance to do anything with mounting your unit in your Subaru with the BGE? Anything to report?