I've used an iPhone for more than 4 years, but the iTunes and music playing experience was getting so frustrating. Some playlists would play, others would not. Getting tracks onto the player was a pain. I tried alternatives to iTunes, but those weren't all that either. And don't get me started on the tagging. iTunes demanded some specifics that had never been necessary before, like filling in the "Album Artist" field, or all the tracks of a same album would get scattered around in my library and not be contained in the same album as they should (very strange: iTunes seemed to ignore the the "Album" field - which would mean I would have to re-tag all of my 40.000+ files. No thank you)

So in an attempt to preserve my mental health, I switched to Android (Samsung S8).
And I found Android -for my use case- to be better than iPhone ever was. I can now simply copy the mp3's to my phone using Windows Explorer. I can keep my own folder structure. Android finds the files and plays them correctly. About the only thing I miss is an easy way to create playlists on the PC, but I can live with that.

There was a time that iPhone was leaps and bounds ahead of Android, but in my opinion this is no longer the case. I was very pleasantly surprised with my current phone's features and simply love it. I still have a lot of respect for Apple for paving and showing the way, but IMO Android has surpassed them by now.