Originally Posted By: mlord
My Amazon review of this is now live on the ABOX A6 product page, or directly here.

Summary: Cheap/noisy real 1080p. Good for a dim room.

That seems pretty decent, actually. Especially that last photo of the people in the stands. More visible than I'd expect in a room that bright. Though it looks like your lights were off in that one which probably changed the white balance and light levels of your camera.

I recently installed one of these for one of my clients. This was in a legit home theater with no windows and tiered seating and all that. If it were MY 11K sqft home I'd go with a more impressive projector, but I usually don't have the last word in these situations smile It looked pretty good, but not quite as crisp or bright as I would have hoped.

The biggest issue I would have is the noise level. I was able to get the projector mounted as close to the ceiling as possible without having to adjust keystone too much. It's about 6' away from the heads of the people sitting farthest away from it. At that position I still found the fan noise distracting. I don't know, I've never had a projector in a home of my own, so I don't know what the ongoing experience is like, but I would need as quiet a fan as possible.

I think if I ever get my basement home theater going, I'll go with a projector like this one. Very bright (from what I can tell it's 2500 ANSI lumens), and the reviewers say the fan is pretty quiet.

I so want to build my home theater. All the wiring is run from when we recovered from a basement flooding, we've just had so many other projects to take care of before buying a bunch of home theater equipment...