Hi all,

My wife's got an HP x360 spectre laptop. Excellent machine, but the 512 GB SSD is a tad on the small side, so I would like to upgrade it to a 1TB model.
The 512 GB "disk" is a Samsung M.2 NVMe model. So the easiest would be to replace it with a Samsung 1TB NVMe model, most likely a 970 EVO or PRO. I know the Samsung magician software can do the clone then, I've seen others do it on Youtube. The only thing is, those others used a system with two M.2 slots. My wife's laptop only has one.

When I used to do this thing back in the "old sata" days, I simply used a SATA to USB converter in which I then put the new drive, then cloned it, after which a simply swapped the disks. Worked every time.

So now I need some M.2 to USB device, but I can't seems to find any, or better, I can't seem to find any that are NVMe compatible. (I can find M.2 SATA models though)

Would anybody know of such a device? Looking on Amazon provided me no solution.

The second thing I'm looking for a a USB-C hub, since this laptop only has USB-C connections. All of those hubs I've found are USB-C to USB-A (3.0) hubs. (or with HDMI ports etc) But I actually also want to expand the number of USB-C connections I have, because I'm also using an external USB-C screen and a USB-C Samsung T5 external SSD HD. In combination with the power supply which is also USB-C, I'm running short on ports.

But USB-C to multiple USB-C ports hubs don't seem to exist?? Ideally this hub would have 2 or 3 USB-C ports AND 2 or 3 USB A ports. (but those don't exist either).

Now, I can also put a USB A adapter on the USB-C cable of both the external screen and the external SSD, for both this is provided. But I think this is a bit silly since it's another adapter in the chain AND USB-C will become the new standard anyway, so I'm looking to buy future-proof.

Would somebody know of a USB-C hub with multiple USB-C ports AND multiple USB-A (3.0) ports?

Thanks!!