Originally Posted By: K447
Originally Posted By: Dignan
Originally Posted By: K447
Make a tidy ‘box’ with some art or nice photo on the front/sides, then hang/put the box where the antenna will work better.

Functional art wink

I'm pretty sure that if we hung art on the outside of our house we'd look like nutcases.
I was suggesting somewhere inside the house, like on a high wall with good exposure to the signal direction, or perhaps in the corner of a high window.

On the outside of the house, there are plenty of discreet plastic equipment boxes (weather sealed or not fully sealed) available that can protect bulky gear and be rather unremarkable/unnoticeable once installed.

I figured that's what you were asking, I was just having fun wink

But yeah, between the positioning of our house, our neighbor's house, and the size/shape of the antenna, its current location is really the best one. If I were to get a box that enclosed this thing it would have to be about 2.5'Hx8"Dx4'W. I don't think that would pass the aesthetics test in our master bath, which would probably be the only indoor place it would work and even then...

In the end, I think the solution was really to remove the amplifier. I thought that I would need it for sure, given how far I am from the towers and how many trees/hills there are in the area. Antennaweb also made it seem like I'd have a lot of trouble too. But I'm just using the antenna now and it's working just fine. I'm getting the four main networks plus PBS and the CW, and there's not really any other channels I need. I've actually excluded the rest of the ones that I can receive because they're filled with garbage that I'll never watch.