Still thinking it might be a spurious character...

I'm thinking not. I tabbed out the filename, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Also, though you didn't open it on the PC, try to take a look t that first line with a hex editor (or just open it in Notepad;

Okay...I just redownloaded (again) the zip from Frank's site, extracted it with winzip down to install.sh and install.tar, and opened install.sh in Notepad (THE Notepad).

I don't see any of the small black squares (though I do know what you're talking about). Looks like windows style linefeeds here. So I guess...somewhere along the way (though I don't understand where it could happen) these characters are being converted. Perhaps this happens when opening the file in Notepad (as in, this newer version of Notepad acts the same way WordPad does in this regard. I'm using Windows 2000 SP2). That's really the only thing I can think of...but then, it wouldn't be a problem if I never opened it up in Notepad. The file should still have the original Unix style linefeeds. How could that change just by extracting the files?

Puzzled...

- Chris
32GB MK2 090000664 Smoke
Queue # 2 (who the heck was 1?)