. . . hmm "work" is a strange term.

We should see 1gig Microdrives later this year and it would appear people believe Micrdrives can be developed even more, so its a technology to keep an eye on. iGo made some hardware changes ( gold battery connectors ) and also regular software updates ( eGo Boosts - yuk ) you can update the player with, these both increase battery life. iGo do say the Microdrive is not supported on 3v power and I cannot say I would bother with it, however its nice to be able to "demo" it on batteries. Didn't Rio ( or someone else ) launch a battery powered Microdrive solution and then withdraw it again ? Some digital cameras now support Microdrives on batteries, however I cannot really believe we will see Microdrive battery powered MP3 players, unless perhaps they also contain low power storage and tracks are moved from Microdrive to say CF, and then played from that media.

I guess clever that Rio has 4xAA batteries but I find it hard to believe you can get 5 hours from 2xAA batteries, I would have thought more like 60 minutes.

Oh, did I mention the removable media in iGo sticks out the back a little, the belt clip has to be removed in order to change batteries, display is best read from an angle of -15 degrees, if CF and Microdrive at same time, will only sense Microdrive if it is in slot A, cassete adapter connection to car player is not best quality audio.

- --
Rod, UK waiting for TNT . . .