Ok, this has now been confirmed multiple times over the course of two days. The remote appears to be fine wth respect to battery, so th eproblem is th eplayer refusing to accept remote comes when this problem happens.

Unit: Riocar (mk2a) with Rio remoteRunning player software 1.03 Developer. There are 5859 songs on the player, arranged into the following playlists: Top-level-category:Artist Name:albumname:song.mp3

While viewing mode is set to Text:Now/Next, pressing "0" on the remote to toggle Shuffle will leave the remote unusable after trying to press any other button (next/prev track for instance). The same thing will happen if the view mode is pure visual, then toggle Shuffle and then pressing INFO on the remote a couple of times.

After a lengthy upload session during the night, the remote began to work again when the player reset. This has all been duplicated again this morning. So for the time being I no longer have remote functionality.

Before getting this to happen (b4 selecting a shuffle) the remote seemed to operate properly without a hint of missed key presses.

Also, the menu text for Shuffle seems backwards to me. Showing OFF when I'm turning it ON and showing ON when turning it OFF. I suppose it could be showing the current status, but it's unintuitive the way it's currently displaying. This is both from the main menu using the button controls on the face, and when using '0' on the remote.

If this has all been covered in a previous bug message, sorry - wanted to get it written down before leaving for work. :)

Bruno