Cool. I'm going to try that. My host is running Apache on Linux and should have the latest PHP installed. If not, I'll ask him to put it online.

The entire reason I began with the SSI was just to get away from any client-side work and to keep the "code" content in the pages to a bare minimum.

Another question... If I go the PHP route I'll need to replace two lines of SSI I have in there right now. Think you can provide me with the info for that too?

I need to be able to output the date that the file was last modified on and output that in the form "MONTH DAY YEAR" With SSI I do one reformat for the date and then one echo to print it.

Also, since I've never used any non-html pages to initiate a session, how should I structure the index file just in case someone doesn't type the PHP document name?

Thanks.

And Tony... No, NO ASP please. :) BTW, I did find that there's a version that will run under unix that I didn't know about - it's a useful suggestion to whomever was looking for a new ASP-capable host a few days ago.

Bruno