Since coverting the command portions of the file to PHP instead of SSI, I can do away with the secondary datafile. So all I need to do is check the modified date of the current file. But your line will come in handy in the future as well, thanks.

Though I suppose I should get a book. Can anyone recommend any good PHP starter books? I don't have a problem with programming methodology and concepts, but the syntax and any language-specific oddities are what I'm most concerned with. Then of course learning whatever external support information I need (apache-specific stuff, etc...)

I've put the new page up. I changed the old index file to redirect (jscript top.location) to the new. I would have just left out the old file, but unfortunately I've used it in posted URLs.

Thanks Drakino for messaging me earlier with the added bits for the date. I also put in some extra echos to simulate portions of HTML comment tags. These cancel out a couple of comment tags in the HTML. This has the benefit of allowing me to comment out an entire section of the file to allow for editing in GoLive, and then have it ignored (because of the php canceling out the comments) when output through the server. :)

Seems to all be working like a charm.

Incidentally, I've also corrected a few more items, including some mods to the PhatBox portions (it's using a FAT32 partition I just found out today).

Bruno