Well if you go for a test drive, definitely update in here.

Well, I did. I'm going to post my thoughts mainly versus the Acura Integra GS-R, as my other points of reference wouldn't help much.

1> It's got a good deal of torque. Since the GS-R doesn't, this is a good thing. Off the line was very nice. The torque curve is not as straight as the GS-R... It's a bit more peaky. Redline is 6G. Note, this is an I4, supercharged, so I wasn't expecting a HUGE rush. 0-60 is about 7.5 according to them, and I'd believe it.

2> Buildout quality appears to be at the same level as the E class. It didn't have the roughness the 190's did.

3> The Panaramic sunroof is cool as hell. You've got a total of about 12" of steel above you. Main Sunroof, which is quite large, then about 6" of cover for the screens to retract into, then a second sunroof (does not open), then about 6 more inchs till you reach the rear window.

4> REAR SEATS!!!! Adults can actually sit in the back without a problem!!!! Good luck in the GS-R. I was able to sit upright in the back with room to spare... VERY surprising. Good amount of cargo room as well.

5> Braking was VERY good, and the car was pretty responsive. I didn't thrash it, I don't think the Salesguy's heart could have taken it. I'll do that on Sat. to the test car.

6> The ride gives up a bit of the feel for the road that is in the GS-R, but it still connects the driver to road well. You can tell what the care is doing, but you don't feel every peeble. Overall, it seems to be a much nicer drive than the GS-R (Duh!), which a much quieter cabin.

7> The automatic transmission is still an automatic, but it responds quite well, and adapts to your driving style... Hit it hard, and it stays in the lower gears. Go soft, and it upshifts quickly. You can manually force the gears as well, quite quickly and easily, plus it has a mode that forces a downshift to the best gear for the situation, be it speed or acceleration.

Seat of the pants tells me a GS-R with someone who knows how to drive it would probably beat the Benz, but this is really designed more as a comfortable, but quick. If you aren't good at rev matching the GSR, the Benz would take it.

Which brings up the final. I think I'm going to get it. Unfortunately, I don't know if the Empeg is going to make it into it or not. It's a good enough car, that I'm putting that secondary. I'm sure there IS a way to do it, but it's probably going to be quite expensive. Of course, if that happens, I'll HAVE to do the Aluminum face.

Now I just have to worry about the financing. Trade in on the GSR ain't what it should be, in these days of 0.0% APR. But it's probably not going to get better anytime soon.

Downsides:

To get the cool options, you're going to pay for them. It's a significantly more expensive car than the GS-R.