okay gentlemen place your bets how long before he takes it to bits for the empeg

he he he he...

We're looking..... Of course, it's looking to be an ALL or nothing job. There aren't any adapters out there that I can see (although additional links are always welcomed) that will allow me to interface the empeg into the original system.

The good news is that there is a pocket under the original radio that looks like it would fit an empeg quite nicely. I'm almost considering doing two seperate systems in one car.

Of course, there is going to be a hell of a lot of measuring and researching before I even consider disassemble.....

BTW, the Stock radio in the MB is pretty damn good. I think it might have the same tuner module as what was used on the Empeg, Plus the weather band. I never realized how useful that would be until I tried it last night. Some of the tuner units for the Empeg have that capabliity... It would be nice to use it if it existed. The other nice thing is it has an autoset for the 10 strongest frequencies. It does that in about a quarter of a second. Tuning is done in an instant... As fast or faster than the empeg.