About 2 years ago when the empeg was still in development, my friends said the same thing, ( that he can build a computer for cheaper, blah blah ) and I kept telling him about the empeg that was on it’s way. Then even after I got it and showed it to him, he still tried to mount a computer in his car, and began spending more and more money to get it to work. The way he changed the song was using a number key board and there was no way to know where you were in your play list because there was no feedback screen. You only could dial in a song number and hit play. No search, or visuals of any sort.

Then eventually when the mark II started shipping, he broke down and got one. It’s funny because I thought he was almost going to design an in car mp3 that would come close to the empeg for less. He didn’t get close, and now owns a mark II.

(If my buddy that I talk about is reading this, (and he knows who he is), all I can say to him is, “Dude, I give you credit for trying, but I had to tell the story. :) ”

-CHiP