If they didn't do it then it is probably something that Mark could build into the HiJack kernel. He already detects whether the tuner or player is active so with some settings in config.ini he could probably tweak the volume in the different modes

I of course thought about a Hijack solution first. But... Hijack doesn't (to my knowledge) know if you're in AM or FM mode, just that you're in the tuner. Like I said, using the MP3 volume as the constant, the AM volume is WAY too high and the FM volume is too low. In order to make those adjustments, it needs to know which band you have selected. There *might* be a bit or two in the state block that tells you which you're in but I'd have to double check.

Besides, right now Hijack could only accomplish this by sending fake IR codes to change the volume. So when you switched to AM from FM, the AM volume would still be loud as hell, and would have to send, say, 10 or 12 "volume down" commands until it was at the correct volume. That's an okay hack, but it stinks as a long term solution. This problem should be handled by the software itself.