Okay,

I've had the empeg installed in the TT (pictures to follow) by CambsCar (Dominic and Neil).

To be honest I didn't want to hang around and watch the car undergo major surgery so I kinda left them to it, but they managed to get the amp in the same place as the BOSE amp would be, which leaves the back pocket available for the first aid kit still (woo!).

I guess that this area is suitably cooled, but I haven't checked (Dominic.?) I've done a few long drives since, and no heat problems.

The empeg looks great, although I noticed that the bass response from the empeg is significantly worse than the original concert head unit, although I think that this may be the 128kbps .mp3 files I have (I'll recode them and let you know).

Overall it's great to have the ol' boy back, and I'll definitely take a trip up to Cambs again for the mk2 install when I get one.

It took the cambscar boys all day (7hours x 2 people) to do the fit, although how much of this being down to the fact that they didn't know their way around the car I don't know. I did see a number of panels coming out from the car, so I know that the cabling goes all around the car now!

The noise level from the alternator is significantly lower than from the install in the Polo and I've only noticed *that* whine once since the install, which is [censored] fantastic.

Finally, I just wanted to publicly thank Dominic and Neil on the install, since they did a sterling job.

Dominic, anything to add, you were there after all!?

Cheers,

Paul.

Paul Haigh, 6GB, Blue
Reg: 4120 - Serial 00254